First Food Banner

First Food Banner

Monday 9 February 2015

The One That Got Away, Toronto Food Blog

Good evening Toronto!

This evening I visited a fish and chip shop in Bloor West Village to review for the blog. The One That Got Away is a cool little restaurant located near Jane and Bloor. They serve a variety of fresh fish, grilled or lightly battered and fried in a few of ways. Including on a plate of fries, in a wrap, on a sandwich or with a salad. Tonight I had the Fish and chip combo. I was able to choose from haddock, rainbow trout, cod, halibut, pickerel, crab cakes, calamari, salmon, salmon burger or the fillet "a" fish. I kept it simple and chose the haddock on a bed of fries. It was excellent! The piece of fish was thick and meaty. The fries where fresh cut and lightly salted and the tartar sauce was fresh and tangy. One thing I really enjoyed about the meal was that the fish was lightly battered. A lot of British pubs offer the classic beer battered fish and chips and I find I don't enjoy it as much, because of how heavy the batter is. Inside the restaurant was very clean. Wooden tables and metal chairs were set up in the dining area with the kitchen in the back, behind the menu board. At the front of the restaurant there is a garage door that seems to open. I would assume that during the summer they open it up for their customers to have some fresh air with their meal. Unfortunately I was in a rush and was unable to eat my food in the restaurant. Instead I ordered takeout and enjoyed my food at home.

I would definitely go again! The food was the way I like it, the staff were polite and the restaurant was clean.

Overall 7.5/10

-EET










No comments:

Post a Comment