First Food Banner

First Food Banner

Sunday 1 February 2015

Ryoji, Food Blog Toronto

Hello Toronto!

Yesterday evening I visited Ryoji of Canada. Ryoji is an Okinawan Japanese izakaya restaurant. This is one of my favorite places to eat in Toronto and I thought it would be fitting to start this blog by telling you some of the places I already know. Ryoji is located at 690 College Street and you can get there by taking the TTC subway train on the Bloor/ Danforth line to Christie station. After exiting the station you walk out to Bloor street and cross to Grace street. Walk up grace for two blocks and you will arrive at College street. From here you make a right and it is a 5 minute walk down College.

The inside of Ryoji is styled similar to other izakaya restaurants. Lots of wood on display and used for decoration, design and signs. When you enter the restaurant you see the bar. Above the bar are jars used to create Awamori. Awamori is a Okinawan alcoholic beverage made using ingredients that can only be found in Okinawa, Japan. And yes, it is served at Ryoji. I ordered the Gyoza beef fried dumplings for my appetizer, followed by their spicy miso ramen. I added fish cake and seaweed (the fish cake is the white circles with the orange swirls). It was very delicious and not too spicy. For desert I had the Okinawan doughnut with vanilla ice cream.I definitely recommend Ryoji for their ramen. 

Over all price wise I would say this is a little more expensive than most ramen places, however for the experience and the food it is definitely worth it. Everything was very clean from the tables to the washrooms.This is a great Toronto date spot. Enjoy the food, culture, sites and sounds!

8/10 -EET
















No comments:

Post a Comment